Okay, here are more of those 50 Questions to Help You Find Your Best Self. I left off at #20..
21. What are 5 things that make me smile? hm.. The laughter of my loves, when my kitties greet me with purrs and trills, sunshine!, big, white, puffy cloud days, and seeing others doing nice things for other people.
22. What steps can I take to be the most confident version of myself? Do not listen to the negativity in my head. I can do anything I put my mind to… develop a healthy-for-me routine and stick to it, work hard for the things that I want… set small goals in between the larger goals, and be nice to myself when I reach those goals. Being positive, working hard, and being kind to others as well as myself should help the confidence thing!
23. How can I show others more love and compassion each day? Be present. Put the phone down, and pay attention. LISTEN. Be aware. Simply be present. And always let them know that I love them. 🙂
24. Who makes me the happiest? That is a tough one. My kid brings me immense joy. They are my greatest blessing. My mom brings happiness and joy into my days, and my husband, when he is feeling well mentally, makes me very happy. That is very inconsistent, sadly. That all being said, happiness needs to come from within. If I am feeling miserable, ain’t no one gonna make me happy!
25. What is my number one goal for the next year? To start my business, and to grow my business! Alos, to garden and not kill everything. I do not have green thumbs.
26. If I could relive one moment, what would it be? My wedding to T. It was wonderful. In hindsight though, we would have invited his brother Mark, and I would have had someone there to take photos. I think I only have like 2 of my dad from that day. He wasn’t feeling well, and would grump when the lens was pointed in his direction.. and I so wish I had more photos from such a wonderful, love-filled, and fun day.
27. If you could time travel, where/when would you go? Oh LORD. There is no way I could EVER pick one time or place. I would LOVE to be in NYC in the roaring 20s. I would love to see what the area I live in now, looked like back before it was settled. I would love to be present in the time and place where Jesus roamed the Earth. I would go back to see just how the mysteries of the world were built (pyramids, etc…) I would love to experience the birth of Rock n Roll as it all unfolded, and the obvious one for those that know me, I would go back to see Queen live, with Freddie. *sigh*
28. How would you describe a perfect day? Simple! It starts off with some quiet time alone. I do some yoga, get in my work out, get a shower, grab a coffee and watch the sun come up. I wake the family, make breakfast, then spend the day getting some chores around the house done, working on a puzzle with mom and pea, going for a ride on Martha with T, and then coming home to BBQ something yummy, and have friends over to enjoy a bonfire with. <3
29. If I could be anything in the world, what would it be? Hm. That is a tough one. I guess I would just like to be an inspiration for others. I sure have a lot of work to do before that ever happens.
30. If I could travel anywhere in the world, where would I go? Well, in all honesty, I would love to travel the US first. There are so many places to see… from National Parks too. historical sites, to all the crazy little touristy areas and roadside attractions that dot our landscape. I would love to go to my ancestral lands, Quebec/France (Normandy), England, Germany, the Azores/Portugal, Switzerland, the Netherlands. And of course who can resist places like Italy, Greece, Spain… New Zealand, Australia, and every single little island in the South Pacific! Let’s face it, I would go EVERYWHERE if I could!! Places like Bora Bora would be distracting though .. How does one LEAVE a place like that???
31. How would I describe my ideal life? Well, ideally, I would love it if money were plentiful. So much so that we could do whatever we want. My hubby would not be disabled and in constant pain, and he wouldn’t struggle with PTSD and depression and anxiety. My mom would be pain free as well. We would spend our time doing what I talked about in the previous question. Traveling. Meeting people. Learning about the world. Enjoying food from all over the globe. Having new and wonderful experiences and adventures all the time! On a less grand scale, I am pretty happy with where I am at. The only things I want to change are to start my own business so that money isn’t an issue. I want chickens and a garden and to grow and preserve as much food as we can for each winter. There are things that I want to do to this house to make it our own, and thats going to take money as well. And that is all that I really want, aside from my people to be healthy and happy.
32. What is most important to me? My family. Without a doubt. And our friends.
33. If I were to describe myself, what would I say? I am… complicated. lol. I am loyal. I love hard. I am ruled by my emotions. Sometimes, my head is all over the place. I procrastinate, and it is the one thing I wish I could make go away. I contradict myself more than I like. I am in constant battle with myself, a true Gemini. I really try to just be a decent person.
34. If my friends were to describe me, what would they say? I honestly do not know.. I HOPE that they would say that I am a good friend, that I am loyal, that they know I am here if they need me. I would hope that they would say that I make them laugh, and that they have fun with me and enjoy spending time with me.
35. How can I create more positive habits? Well, first, we have to address the habits we have that are not so good. For me, it is staying up too late. It is eating the foods that I know are not the best for me, when I have a fridge full of things I NEED to be eating. It is drinking the Dr. Pepper instead of the water. One has to address the bad habits and work towards making better choices. I have to remind myself of my goals. And the reason behind those goals, which is my family and my life!
36. What are 3 things I need to stop doing? I need to stop procrastinating, I need to quit worrying what others think of me, and I need to work towards a better sleep routine.
37. What are 3 positive things I should start doing? I need to start each day off with a mindful, grateful heart. I need to take time for ME, to work towards being the best that I can be, and I need to continue to make my lists of things I need to do for the day, and to make sure I GET IT DONE.
38. What is on my mind right now? I have SO much to do tomorrow. This place is a mess in the aftermath of Christmas. And I just spent 5 hours helping my kid clean and declutter their room. But now I have empty boxes, and bags of trash, and bags of stuff to be donated, all over the family room. And it all needs handled before 2 pm, when their friend comes over to hang out. Plus, I gotta clean the bathrooms, and do laundry, and make some jam (and can it), and omg I am tired just thinking about it!
39. What are the Top 25 things on my bucket list? Huh. I do not have a bucket list. Most of the things that would be on a bucket list, I will never be able to do… that is just reality. So, I have never bothered with making a list.
40. Who inspires me the most, and why? My former boss was a big inspiration. I really believed in her and what she was providing for our community. She fought for the underdogs. She fought for equality. I was proud to be a part of her vision. I worked for her for about 3.5 years. She grew leaps and bounds while I was there.. it was awesome to witness…
But then, she distanced herself from me, became indifferent, and then let me go in an email and claimed it was about money. She was not even paying me minimum wage. It was not about money. I am not sure what happened. And it crushed me. I DID ask for a raise. I had been there 3 years with no raises at all. When she said she couldn’t do it.. I held out hope things would change. When I realized it wasn’t going to happen, I accepted it. I accepted it because for the first time in my life I had a job I loved. Ugh. ANYWAY… I am on a new journey now. And while it is not an important one for the community, I hope to tackle it with with the same oomph that my former boss has for what she does. I wish her nothing but the best. I thought we were friends, and I miss her and our silly messages back and forth, I miss our talks and all that.. but apparently I was mistaken, and I have to work towards letting it all go. Woo, that took a turn. Sorry about that. I will do the last 10 questions soon!